As collaboration between Koç University in Istanbul and the University of Duisburg-Essen, we offer the third Summer School “Emerging Concepts of Logistics (ECoL)” taking place in Duisburg from August 14st to 23th, 2017. International Master in higher semesters and PhD students as well as Post-Docs interested in logistics are invited to submit their applications until the prolonged deadline May 19th, 2017.
- Background in logistics or related discipline
- Good knowledge in written and spoken English
- Timely application and self-organisation of travelling to Duisburg in case of admission
We would like to invite you to send us your application for our ECoL Summer School in Duisburg. Please answer the following questions (also see our idea of Emerging Concepts of Logistics (ECoL). Ideas can represent technological, strategic-conceptual, organizational, operational, economical or socio-cultural standpoints:
- How do you refer your logistical issue/ method/ subject to other interrelated innovation/ research/ development/ problem fields next or neighbouring to logistics (e.g. logistics and sustainable industries, logistics and human lifestyles, logistics and future urban supply systems, logistics and smart technologies, logistics and health care…)?
- How do you refer your logistical issue/ method/ subject to food supply systems from entire supply chain perspective (crop production towards food processing to end consumption and waste)?
- How do you refer your logistical issue/ method/ subject to future urban food supply systems from the perspective of urbanizations & climate change?
- Or how do you relate your non-logistical subject to an issue or field actually connected to logistics (e.g. new sustainability accounting with supply chains, software engineering for platforms with logistics usage domains, sensor techniques for logistics related operations, Corporate Social Responsibility Strategies in Logistics Networks, impact of refurbishment/ remanufacturing strategies on logistics, agricultural production, scenario development for future food supply chains, development of sustainable business models in food sector…)?
- In which way concretely does your idea fit to the ECoL concept? In which way does your idea contribute to the advancement of logistics / SCM research and development or is producing new research perspectives or societal/ socioeconomic contributions? Is the scope or methodological pool of logistics/ SCM enriched in one or another way (and if yes how?)?
Pease note that, in case of acceptance, you are going to present your idea on the second day of the programme in an ideas pitch, i.e. short presentations of each summer school participant, each max. 10-15 minutes and 3-5 slides.
Please send the following document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application form in English (docx)
- Attendance at 2017 ECoL Summer School is free of charge. The ECoL Summer School on “Food Supply Chain” will be funded by the German Academic Exchange Service – DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst).
- The participants are responsible for their own journey, (detailed information will be published soon), insurance, and visa as well as for their timely organisation.
- Teaching language will be English.