As collaboration between Koç University in Istanbul and the University of Duisburg-Essen, we offer the second Summer School “Emerging Concepts of Logistics (ECoL)” taking place in Duisburg from August 21st to 27th, 2016. International Master and PhD students as well as Post-Docs interested in logistics are invited to submit their applications until the prolonged deadline August 10th, 2016.
- Background in logistics or related discipline
- Good knowledge in written and spoken English
- Timely application and self-organisation of travelling to Duisburg in case of admission
We would like to invite you to send us your application for our ECoL Summer School in Duisburg. Please answer the following questions (also see our idea of Emerging Concepts of Logistics (ECoL). Ideas can represent technological, strategic-conceptual, organizational, operational, economical or socio-cultural standpoints:
- How do you refer your logistical issue/ method/ subject to other interrelated innovation/ research/ development/ problem fields next or neighboring to logistics (e.g. logistics and sustainable industries, logistics and humanitarian aid or disaster management, logistics and human lifestyles, logistics and future urban supply systems, logistics and smart technologies, logistics and health care, logistics and renewable decentralized energy systems …..)?
- Or how do you relate your non-logistical subject to an issue or field actually connected to logistics (e.g. new sustainability accounting with supply chains, software engineering for platforms with logistics usage domains, sensor techniques for logistics related operations, Corporate Social Responsibility Strategies in Logistics Networks, impact of refurbishment/ remanufacturing strategies on logistics, impact of 3D-printing on supply nets …)?
- In which way concretely does your idea fit to the ECoL concept? In which way does your idea contribute to the advancement of logistics / SCM research and development or is producing new research perspectives or societal/ socioeconomic contributions? Is the scope or methodological pool of logistics/ SCM enriched in one or another way (and if yes how?)?
Pease note that, in case of acceptance, you are going to present your idea on the second day of the programme in an ideas pitch, i.e. short presentations of each summer school participant, each max. 10-15 minutes and 3-5 slides.
Please send the following document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application form in English (docx)
- Attendance at 2016 ECoL Summer School is free of charge.
- The participants are responsible for their own journey, accomodation (detailed information will be published soon), insurance, and visa as well as for their timely organisation.
- Teaching language will be English.